Re: RE: Y2K-HEMI back on the road..

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 19:00:31 EST

I hear you,Matt! I usually take off in second-I have to bring the rpm up to
about 900-1000 to take off smoothly.If I use first gear,I don't raise the
rpm at all.I just feed it a slight tip of the throttle when I let out the
clutch.I have never killed it on a start.I have now convinced my tranny is
"normal", but it still is not real easy to find 3rd gear.Earlier,I wasn't
using enough pressure to slip it past the synchros and that's why I thought
that my 3rd could've been messed up.3rd gear requires a little more pressure
than the rest of them.

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html