Re: plug in dak?...block warmer

From: Darren Asuncion (dakotaguy1999@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 17:41:51 EST

The block heater replaces the freeze plug on the passenger side, near the
oil filter. I had one installed at the dealership when I moved up here to
Fairbanks, AK. If I remember correctly, it cost $70 installed. I've
installed block heaters in the past, its really not that hard but its a
messy job because you need to drain coolant, and knock out the freeze plug.
Some other things I had installed that really help (at least when its
sub-zero like it always is here in the winter): battery pad, auto. trans
oil pan htr, engine oil pan htr. I may end up adding a circulating in-line
heater like someone else on the DML mentioned, these work awesome since it
actually circulates the warm coolant. The heater works on start-up which is
a definite plus when its -60 out! Anyway hope this helps...

Darren Asuncion
Fairbanks, AK
'99 Intense Blue CC Sport +, 4x4, 5.2 V8, 44RE auto, 3.55lsd, 4wheel ABS
http://www.geocities.com/dakotaguy1999/dakota.html