Re: Merry f***ing Christmas to me.

From: dakotaviper (dakotaviper@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 18:22:06 EST

Sorry to hear about this Alex. Back in 1992, I was
working for GM's Allison Gas Turbine Division in
Indianapolis. On December 23, 1992, I got my walking
papers, as well as about 1500 others. This really
hurt. After about a year of unemployment and being
told that America doesn't need design engineers that
create things to kill other people; I almost lost
everything. $90 a week in unemployment, just doesn't
compare to $800 a week before taxes. But, I look back
at this and consider this one event in my life to be a
very helpful experience. Now I have money in the
bank, a mortgage that won't break me, my dakota paid
for and generally a better foothold if that was to
happen again. LEARN FROM THIS! Things might look bad
now, but only you can improve on your goals.