Has anyone ever heard of a Merlin V-8?

From: dakotaviper (dakotaviper@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 18:51:46 EST

My company is currently quoting a Merlin V-8 block for
us to cast. This block has the HEMI oil venturies,
push tube bosses, and general set-up of the valley and
head decks of a Chrysler V-8. But the pan rails and
front face look like a Chevy 350. While the cup
plugs, rear face, fuel pump boss and four bolt mains
look to be copied from a Cleveland block. I've heard
of a Merlin V-8, but, mainly for a marine type of
application. I'm stumped on this one. It's in my lab
at work right now and I don't have any prints. Does
any one have any ideas?
Steve