Re: 408 stroker attn Will

From: Gmblows@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 19:43:34 EST

Will,
You are a wildman, putting nitrous an a blown 408.
Would you be so kind to divulge some info on the stroker setup?
I'm assuming you went with the Mopar crank, and I remember you
mentioned needing lower compression pistons. Are you using stock
length rods, with shorter comp height pistons, if so which ones?
Are you using magnum heads, if so what's your effective comp ratio?
How about balancing, flexplate, or clearance issues?

Thanks

<<
 Well, I've put about 2800 miles on it so far. Still running dino-oil for
 now. I will switch to Mobil 1 when I cross the 5,000 mark. It feels a
 little stronger on the mid-range now. In late January (after the 5,000 mark
 hopefully) I am going to re-dyno it and see if there are any differences.
We
 are also going to plumb in a 175 shot of nitrous. I am in the process right
 now of finishing my mini-tubs and the ladder bar set-up with a Ford 9" and
 3.90 gears with a Detroit Locker in it. I have the ladder bars attached and
 the 9" in place. All I have left to do is to weld in the mini-tubs and then
 pick-up my rims and tires. We are also fabricating a driveshaft loop right
 now and are going to weld it in tonight. Hopefully I will have it running
 tomorrow morning again. Then I ahve to replace the heater core of all
 things! So, time to head back out to the garage. Thank goodness we have a
 heater in it!!

 Will
 96 Paxton huffed 408 Dakota
 Ladder bar rear w/Koni coilovers, narrowed Ford 9" 3.90 gears w/Detroit
Locker