Re: Re: If I Have To Pull One More Vehicle Out!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 23:14:22 EST

> Atta' boy Kyle! I carry my emergency ferd pullin' kit with me at all
times...
> hehehe

Without a doubt Tom, like you, all my recovery gear stays in my truck year
round. The mini garden spade shovel stay behind the seats, which has helped
out alot since I bought it 3 years ago; I think I paid a mere $5 for it. I
carry one 4"x15' tow straw, one 2"x20' tow strap, and a short 3"x10' tow
strap, as well as a 15' piece of 'logging' chain in a small ammo can. Ammo
cans are great storage devices for recovery equipment and tools. I also
carry one ammo can full of clevis hooks, but typically use the large clevis,
which is sitting ontop of the ammo can on the right:
http://www.bastaards.org/Preacher/Dakota/DakFriends/Tool_Box_Gear_1.jpg
http://www.bastaards.org/Preacher/Dakota/DakFriends/Tool_Box_Gear_2.jpg
This clevis is rated at 20 tons, and havent bent it yet. Amazingly, I have
bent 1 or 2 clevis hooks rated at 5 tons. Of course, a good point of
recovery is the most important. I have the Tow Ring from Northern, and I
think a few on the list has it also:
http://www.bastaards.org/Preacher/Dakota/DakFriends/Tow_Ring.jpg
A nice thick pair of insulated work gloves are really nice to have,
especially in the cold/snow.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6