Re: SEMIHEMI01- water pump corrosion prevention.

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 23:16:26 EST

> Is there a way to prevent this? I have a new water pump, and I am
wondering,
> what can I do before it sees action, to keep this from happening?
> Andy Wittkamper
> __________________________________
> http://www.members.tripod.com/TiptonFFA
>

> <<Also, a Dodge water pump is very susceptible to corrosion. I've seen
them
> with the vanes eaten almost off and the flow down to almost nothing.
> Bill>>

Havent had any water pump problems with my Dak's stock water pump with
133,500 miles on it. Explain, why are Dodge pumps more susceptible to
corrosion than say a GM or a Ford water pump?
I think preventative maintainence is the key to making anything last longer,
especially when being a part of the cooling system.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6