Re: Re: I made it!

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 23:16:24 EST

Jay, I always shift at 1900-2000 rpm.That is about as hard as I feel the
motor needs to spin to move me along adequately.I drove 55 mph@1940 rpm,all
day.I have heard of blowing the carbon out of it.And, if it makes you feel
any better,my best friend that I hadn't seen in a while came over today.He
and I got my Dakota out from under the cover,let it warm up a little
while,then we went for a ride.He hadn't been in my truck in quite some
time,and he is always begging me to get on it.I drove my way for a little
while and right before we got back to my house,I took it down a side road
that was clear and while it hurt me to do it,I wound first to about 3700
with a little wheelspin,then barked a mean 2nd and wound it to about 3900.It
scared me enough then that I stopped and took it home and put it back under
the cover.I sure hope I didn't cause any damage! He loved it, and was quite
impressed with the little truck,but it wasn't really exciting for me.So,
maybe I blew a little soot out of it.Isn't there other ways of doing that?
On my old 4x4,once a month, I would take a 20oz bottle full of diesel and
slowly feed it through the carb.Seemed to keep it pretty clean! I've heard
that water will do the same thing,but I'm kind of weary about putting water
in my motor.TTYL,