Radiator/Coolant Hoses

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 23:27:38 EST

I am going to buy some hoses this week, so I can do some preventative
maintainence on my truck whenever it warms up. I am going to replace the
upper radiator hose, lower radiator hose, thermostat and tstat gasket. Just
curious, but what is the little black rubber hose called which is close to
the tstat(more on the driver's side though, about 5"? long) and appears to
run from the block into the manifold? I want to replace this hose also,
since it has been on my truck for 133,500 mies(yikes!) and wasnt sure if it
will be a specific coolant hose; aka molded with a bend in it. Or is this
the type of hose I just buy-by-the-foot and bend it into place? Since it has
been awhile since I changed my radiator hoses, I forget if by removing the
lower radiator hose, the coolant will completely drain the radiator or not?
Thanks for any and all info.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6