Re: AHHH!,I finally got on my truck a little!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 00:14:46 EST

> Well people,My best friend came over today,and he hadn't seen my truck in
> while.He asked me if he could see it,so I took the cover off of it.He
asked
> if he could hear it since I got my exhaust dumped,so I somewhat
unwillingly
> cranked it up.He asked if we could go for a ride,so I let it warm up for
> several minutes and we went for a little ride.He has always begged me to
get
> on my truck at least once,just so he could feel how fast it was(remember
he
> had a '92 and a '97 318 truck).So I found a clear side road and I
stopped.I
> took of in first and wound it to about 3700,then barked the hell out of a
> secind and wound it to about 3900.At that point, I figured I had done
enough
> abuse and I took it home and put it back under the cover.Do ya'll think I
> hurt anything by doing this? I hope not! I am now kind of worried about
the
> long-term durability of my motor.How many of ya'll have seen 100,000+ out
of
> a motor that you are hard on,or race?\

Will,
First off thanks for the 'bypass hose' term. Secondly, I really have beat my
truck up, especially 4wheeling and just doing some mild street racing with
it the first 75,000 miles. But then again I have also taken care of it. It
now has 133,500 on it and still runs great. Since the 4.7L V8 is a fairly
new engine, only time will tell how it will hold up. I firmly believe in
preventative maintainence, and if you keep up with it, things will last. By
the way, I have redlined my Dak two or three times and have come close
another two or three also. Redline is 5200 I think on my V6. Routine
maintainence pays off, atleast I think so. Good Luck.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6