8 3/4 Swap Update

From: Fast4x4Dakota@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 22 2000 - 04:59:05 EST

Well,
I'm heading home from college tomorrow, geez I should quit typing and get to
work packing! Anywho! I'd like to start my 8 3/4 swap as soon as I get
home, so that it's all done, and I can put some miles on it to work out any
bugs before I bring the truck back to school where I can't work on it. I
have the pinion set up in the 8 3/4 chunk, all new bearings pressed on the
carrier. I still have to get a pinion seal, and finish setting up the pig,
but that's easy stuff. The axles have been done since august, so have the
brakes and drums, they're all ready to go, all with 6 on 4.5" bolt pattern so
i can use my factory wheels. I got a pinion yoke for the 8 3/4 that will let
me use the factory U-joint on my Dakota shaft, so that's cool too. I have MP
spring pads to weld on to the top of the housing on the 8 3/4, I wish I was
2wd, this part would be bolt in! And I'm getting Matt Barret's shock mounts
off his exploded 9 1/4. I'm going to add a leaf to the spring packs of the
Dakota while the axle is out. All things considered it should be in within 2
weeks! I'll let yall know when it's in. Oh unfortunately, with x-mas and
all I couldn't afford a Detroit locker, so regretably, it's gonna be open for
now. BUT if every list member sent me 50 cents, I could buy one and "Test"
it for the greater good of the list, so send me money everyone. Heck if only
1/2 the members sent me a dollar... HINT HINT. ANYWAY, it should be mobile
with the new axle within 2 weeks MAX, hopefully by next weekend! Wish me
luck!

Luke
1996 Black 4x4 Dakota, SLT CC SB, 318, 3" 2 Chamber Flowmaster cat back
exhaust, 9" open element Mr. Gasket Air cleaner, 52mm Ported TB, 3923
Autolites, A-518 / 46RE, 3.55 geared Peg Leg 8 1/4, 31x10.50 BFG Mud
Terrains, Alpine CD player, Infinity Kappa Speakers.
Coming soon: E-Body 8 3/4" Rear axle, 3.55 gears, Detroit locker, 10" Brakes,
and Moser Engineering custom alloy axles!