Re: More BS from the Moron CEO of Chrysler

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Tue Dec 26 2000 - 14:06:26 EST

On Tue, Dec 26, 2000 at 09:22:30AM -0800, Stlaurent Mr Steven <STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil> wrote:
> Steve Comments: More BS from the puppet CEO. To Dieter- you are nothing
> but a puppet for the bigger idiot Schrempp. When Schrempp said, "...piss on
> your-self, you would..."
>
> Dieter Zetsche says profits come before market share, and he is trying to
> get the
> good products in the studio into the marketplace
> sooner and at a lower cost. That's the recipe
> for a Chrysler turnaround.

Here's the reason:

> Chrysler lost $512 million in the third quarter and
> DaimlerChrysler Chairman Juergen Schrempp said in a
> letter to shareholders on Monday that the unit
> would lose
> about $1.25 billion in the fourth quarter. Analysts
> don't
> expect Chrysler to show a profit next year, either.

Of course not. Chrysler won't show a profit until they do a turnaround
on all of the models. They're really digging their own grave. The only
reason I bought a Dodge is because it looked better than the other trucks
and it offered more power.

I didn't buy it because Chrysler did or did not make a profit.

However, businesses are powered by investors. Investors want profits
(obviously) and therefore we have a problem. If Dodge trucks start
looking like those piece of shit mercedes SUVs, I'm not buying another
one. (With the exception of the Unimog, which is just a kickass beast)

I still want a Ram 2500 QC 4X4 V10 SB. I'll probably never ben able to
get one new, because I'm not going to be able to afford one in the 2001
model year. We already know that there are going to be major changes in
2002. :-( I love the way the Ram and Dakota look now. That's why I drive
one in the first place.

I don't know what I'm going to do, really. I hate buying used stuff, but
maybe I'll have to if I want to get what I really want. Chevy/GMCs body
style is ok, but I hate the trucks themselves. Fords are ugly, which
completely rules them out (before their other issues)...

-Bill

--
Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
'00 Dakota CC SLT 4X4 4.7L V8 (Loaded)