Latest news on my Dak....it may get fixed yet!! / My Christmas gift for my Dak

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 26 2000 - 20:07:05 EST

Everyone get what they want for Christmas? I got some
ventgards and headlight covers from my mom! She didn`t
get me the taillight covers,but heck,I can get those!
It`s gonna look awesome! Yesterday,my sister`s
boyfriend ran a scanner on my truck,and found that the
O2 sensor downstream from the cat was giving an
incorrect reading.He revved the motor,and it stayed at
about .8 volts constantly,compared with the before-cat
sensor,which alternated a little between rich and
lean.He seems to think that the converter is bad,or
the sensor after it is carboned-up.According to
him,the 2nd sensor should go down at least to about
.4-.5 volts and back up.Also,as he revved the engine
and took his foot off the gas,it stalled several
times.Sooo,I called my dealer and told them,and also
said that I would like a loaner vehicle,so I can leave
my Dak until they fix it.They were agreeable.Next
Tuesday`s the big day.The service manager and I are
gonna take it for a spin,too.I hope it runs the way it
usually does.Hard to see how a bad o2 sensor and/or
cat could cause bad sagging/hesitation at varying
levels.I personally think that those items were
damaged BY the problem,not the instigators of the
problem.We`ll see,I suppose. Steve P.

=====
1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.