Re: MAP and O2 Sensor testing

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Dec 26 2000 - 23:32:57 EST

> Merry Christmas Everybody!!
>
> Hope your holidays are going well. I need some help as I get ready to
> go down to visit family.
>
> Some may remember I the trouble I've been having wuith my 93 V6 and it's
> 10 mpg. I pulled the codes and got a 13 and a 51: MAP sensor and O2
> sensor. I've finally got the cash to replace the two if I have to, but
> I'd like to check and make sure they are the problem before I shell out
> over $100 for parts...
>
> Can anyone tell me how to check these sensors? Crank and Chrome on TNN
> checked the MAP sensor on a new C1500 thsi past weekend, but what
> numbers on the ohmmeter and voltmeter should I be seeing? Any help if
> appreciated. I'm leaving Thursday night and if I can fix this before I
> leave, it'll save me a tank of gas each way by fixing my mileage...

Mike,
Good Luck with this, and please let us know what you find out. This summer,
I replaced the Coolant Temp Sensor, Automatic Idle Sensor, and the Throttle
Position Sensor. My truck's mileage is a steady 15mpg, but I am sure it can
do better. I replaced the factory 02 Sensor at 100,000 miles with another
Mopar 02 Sensor, but have yet the replace the MAP sensor. Good Luck once
again, 93 Daks rule! On a side note, Borg Warner does make a MAP sensor for
our Daks, and really every sensor you need, might help you save some $$ if
you dont wanna pay the dealer.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6; 133,700 miles