Re: 01 Wont Start

From: Jon Steiger (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 13:55:37 EST

langerdak@hotmail.com ("Chris Lang") wrote in
<F131kB4ltFlmmlQ080G00007bea@hotmail.com>:

>I went out this morning to go to work and turned the key and my brand
>new truck wouldn't start. I would turn the key everything on the dash
>would light up but the truck wouldnt crank over at all. It seemed like
>I had the clutch pedal out but I didn't. Needless to say I'm kinda
>pissed, this is a 01 with 2400 miles on it. Has anyone had a problem
>like this before? I would guess its an electrical problem but what I
>have no idea. I'm going to call the dealer but I'd like to have some
>idea what it may be before I talk to them. The truck eventually started
>after going inside for about 10 minutes, I came out and it started right
>up without a problem, seems kinda weird to me...

  I'm assuming its a standard?

  Unless they have changed it, there is a safety on the clutch pedal
itself. If you get under the dash and look at it, you'll see a harness
that plugs into a little device on the clutch pedal. (Basically it makes
an electrical connection when the pedal is in all the way.) I believe the
wires on it are green and black. Anyway, you might want to check this out.
If it does it again, try pushing the clutch in and out a few times, and
visibly inspect the safety switch. You may even want to try over-riding
the safty with some alligator clips.

  Could be something else entirely, but that's something to try anyway...

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ----- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@twistedbits.net ----- -. | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 | `------------------------------ http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ --- -'