Re: Re: Engine Temp?!?!

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Thu Dec 28 2000 - 22:44:10 EST

> Stopped at a light, it was at 210 or a shade higher. As soon as I started
> moving, it dropped
> back to normal. Stop again, and it shot up. Sometimes the clutch fan
> on my '99 318 was just barely able to keep up at idle; Once I got the
> truck moving, it was fine.

I have never seen the gauge on my 99 R/T get to 210. I live in central Texas and
I've seen 110 or more on the overhead console thermometer before and the truck
still runs on the hottest days at the 2 in 210. If I idle the truck for 15
minutes or more it might hit 210 but that is rare. I realize R/Ts have the hd
cooling package on them and maybe that helps. BTW I am running the stock
thermostat also.
Jim in Waco.