RE: ASOG Mods

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Dec 29 2000 - 00:03:11 EST

#1 The Engines they're talking about are not the Magnum V6 (3.9L)
#2 Properly Cleaning a Throttle Body requires the removal of the
TB...washing the bores doesn't do anything.
#3 $185 for a set of wires is just plain ridiculous. Magnecores run no
more than $85 for the 3.9L V6.
#4 The TPS is NOT adjustable on the Magnum engines. The voltage change is
less than .03 volts. (I've checked this on several Dakota's.)
#5 CatBack System. If you want to save a little bit of money, replace the
stock muffler with a Dynomax or Flowmaster muffler. The pipes are 2.25 -
2.5" from the Cat on back anyway. (Cost is about $65-$80)
#6 Air Filter...Tony (QuickD) makes an excellent intake tube system for
about $140 (with filter) or...you can make one for about $50 from Home
Depot.

Whaddya want to know about the V6?

http://www.toycrusher.com
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm