RE: Who on the list knows old computers? MP3s won`t play back right.?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Dec 30 2000 - 09:38:11 EST

Sounds like you're running out of memory and the swap file is filling up too
quickly. If you're running Windows95/98 on that machine, you're already at
the current memory limit. (8-10MB for just the O/S and another 2-4MB for
"overhead". That leaves 2-6MB for actual memory space...not enough in this
case.)

If you can get it, stick another 32MB into the machine. On the older
machines that take FP or EDO, you'll need to add them in pairs. (If you can
afford an extra 64MB, you'll notice a big difference in performance.)

- Bernd