Chrysler Demise (ranting)

From: Casey Aldridge (caldridge@uswest.net)
Date: Sat Dec 30 2000 - 22:35:36 EST

Well folks...just had to throw in my input on this matter.
As an extreme dyed in the wool Mopar fan, I am having major trouble
with this situation. What I wish the rest of the friggen world could
understand is that Chrysler is no worse off than it was when Daimler
bought them. This so called money issue is not really there. They have
the money they have always had...its just moved to different parts of
the company. The new management (Schrempf....that @#*$&#@ idiot) has
got the whole idea wrong. The north american auto market does not work
like it does in europe...we have these little things known as product
cycles...and when something gets old enough....its time to phase out
and introduce new product. When Daimler bought Ma Mopar....they did
realize that several key product were nearing a refreshening phase.
All they saw is that Chrysler was spending a lot of money on design
and development, so they figured hey lets cut this crap out and maybe
we can drive stock prices up over the short term, which is absurd because
one of the moving factors in the buyout was Chrysler's world renown design
team and product innovations (can you say LH platform). The best we can
do, is to call Chrysler and send emails, bombard them everyday telling them
that the way they are running business currently will bring the greatest
American car company to the ground. Soon enough with the products that
are already being updated we should see a major turn around in the company,
and just may see Stuggart changing their minds about how to run the most
innovative auto manufacturer in the world.

Casey Aldridge
Tempe, AZ
'97 RC V6 Auto 3.55 One Side Fire
Autolite 3923's, 180* T-stat, Ported TB