New dyno graph

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Sun Dec 31 2000 - 19:40:30 EST

Because of the different graph scales used between the dyno shop in
Charlotte, NC I used last year and the one in Jacksonville, NC I used
this year, it has been difficult for me to see the actual difference
made by installing the M1 MPI intake, 1.7 roller rockers, headers, and
high flow exhaust. To help me better see the difference, I took the
different dyno sheets and plotted rwhp against rpm in an Excel
spreadsheet, then created a new graph with the points plotted on the
same scale. On the graph below, the red line is my current engine,
and the blue line is my very first dyno I run, with just a Quick D
intake and throttle body.
http://users.isaac.net/therrin/dyno6_120900.jpg
Because my first dyno run stopped at 5100 I stopped the graph there,
but my current setup was still pulling 250rwhp when we shut it down at
5600. Look at the blue line and imagine where the near stock would
have been at 5600 had I ran it up that high. <grin> I think this
graph speaks for itself to anyone considering the M1 MPI intake.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
14.425 @ 93.52, 258 rwhp
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club, Executive Board, SE Region
http://users.isaac.net/therrin/dakota.html