Running light wiring issue

From: Christopher L Scott (clscott@cse.Buffalo.EDU)
Date: Tue Jan 02 2001 - 09:15:00 EST

I am having a problem with my 94 Dak Sport V6. As I am sure many of you
know, under each headlight is a running light/turn signal which uses one
1057-type bulb, and there is also a corner light which uses the smaller
194-type bulb. Both lights are supposed to light when the parking lights
are on, and I think they are supposed to flash intermittenly when the turn
signal or hazard flashers are on. My problem is that on the passenger
side the 1057 bulb under the headlight lights only for the turn
signal/flashers, and the corner light does not light at all. Both bulbs
are good. Also, the dome light doesn't work, and that bulb is good, too.
I have checked all fuses. There must be either a break in the wiring or a
bad connection, between the headlight switch and the lights, or a problem
in the switch iteslf. Does anyone know if this circuit goes through a
relay?? If not, I may just figure out which prongs on the switch
corresponds to those lights and run my own wire right to the bulbs.
Anyone encounter this before? Also, the dome light doesn't work, and that
bulb is good, too. This problem is urgent, the truck needs to be
inspected in ten days.
Christopher Scott