Re: RE: Removing Decals

From: frank golembieski (editzero@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2001 - 04:51:41 EST

I like to remove the decals by first taking a cloth
soaked with wd40 and wiping over the decal then go
have a smoke and let it set in (I just do it this way
i didn't say it was better )then i use my fingernail
Thats right my fingernail and start at a corner get
enough up that you can grab a hold of and peel slow
and work your way around when you have all the decal
off go back over with the wd40 and a rag . the wd40
dissolves the glue ...(WARNING may damage fingernail.
thank heavens they grow back if you do anything
stupid)
all and all the vinel dodge uses is pretty tough so
once you get a corner started you should get pretty
much the whole thing

=====
Frank G
http://members.onecenter.com/autoworld/dakota/index.html