NJ inspection & taillight covers

From: Quiktruk99@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 03 2001 - 18:23:26 EST

Well, after perusing Title 39 DMV laws & finding nothing, I returned to
inspection asking to show me the law forbidding the covers. They had a list
of covers that are exempt from the "new" law not yet on the books, and of the
7 or 8 covers on the list, the V-Tech ram's head covers were #1!! The guy
said they HAVE to be V-Techs, and made me show him the stamped logo, or else
he would've failed 'em. So I got my good sticker, and now know that's why I
never got a ticket from the cop who pulled me over for the covers last month.
I told him they were legal, and he said "not in MY town", but let me go with
a "warning". (Would've loved to humiliate him in court. ) :) So, all my
fellow NJers, your rams head covers are perfectly LEGAL! Don't know about
elsewhere, but they're OK here. On a wintery footnote, MPG is now down to
about 8 1/2, averaging about 160 miles/tankful. Gotta love Dodge!

Kevin/NJ
99 CC 5.2L 2wd auto (318 R/T )
always addin' more...see my profile
check it out: <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/quiktruk99/DARKDODGE.htm">THE