RE: RE: Acceleration and Axle Ratios

From: Woodruff, Jason P (Jason.Woodruff@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2001 - 18:57:04 EST

Terry,

If your concerned about mileage at all go w/ a 4.7L. My 2wd CC gets avg of
18-19mpg. I saw Ed "oldznut" claim 18.5mpg in a QC 4x4 @75 mph for half a
tank. I'm shocked if I hear 5.9ers getting better than 16mpg. I'd be
willing to bet the heaver the truck gets the wider the performance gap will
get between the 4.7 and the 5.9.

Hey Ron,

That wouldn't have been a Black 4.7L CC that you raced would it? I'm
jealous of the PB colors so I tend to pick fights with them.