Problem with Gibson Headers....

From: DONKEYJAKE@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 03 2001 - 19:25:26 EST

First of all let me say that installing these suckers was a little trickier
than I thought it would be. I found that the headers were different from than
the stock manifolds at the collectors, they measure a little wider because
the Y pipe won't mate up with the ball socket of the collector on the headers
like it did with the manifold. This is creating a small gap on only one side,
about 1/8 inch, and ofcourse a loud exhaust leak. I tried persuading them in
and tightening a little on each one at a time, but it no workie. So now I'm
using the copper colored high temp RTV to try and seal this small gap.
 Is there a better way to seal this? Any one with an idea or a solution? Any
and all suggestions welcome and appreciated.

JAKE