Re: RE: Tire decision - my list of 5

From: Gensch, Travis (Travis.Gensch@qtiworld.com)
Date: Thu Jan 04 2001 - 09:14:40 EST

The majority of my driving is pavement also. I would say they are as good
as stock on bare pavement or damp pavement. I mean that I have never lost
control of my truck in dry or wet weather with either the stock or BFG
sneakers on, but I do not drag or autocross race either. However, at times
I have been known get on her a little on the streets ;-)

The snow tracking is sweet. When I talked to a local tire shop about BFG
pricing, he tried to talk me into a car style tire for the truck. He stated
that they would be noisy on the highway. I asked him if he wanted to pull
me out of the snow when I get stuck on a frozen lake (ice fishing). He
quickly shut his trap and gave me a price. Besides, I find the noise to be
maybe only a little louder than stock.

To me, the only bad thing about these tires is that BFG has set a price
point on them. This means that nobody can sell the tires under a certain
price. I used to buy my tires from tirerack.com to save some good cash, but
they do not sell them because of the price point. So, when you check around
the prices should be about the same.

Travis