Re: 5 Speed Questions

From: Viper450hpGTS@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 04 2001 - 11:54:27 EST

In a message dated 1/4/2001 9:26:37 AM Central Standard Time,
dakotacab@yahoo.com writes:

<<
 --Does the clutch grab right off the floor or way out
 or somewhere in between? Basically more like a car or
 a lot like a truck?>>

The clutch lets out about half way (more like a car). But the distance is
greater than most cars I've driven. My 2000 Formula WS6 had a much shorter
clutch travel. It takes some getting used to, but after just a few hundred
miles it feels normal...

<< --Are the throws long or short?>>

The throws aren't that bad considering the length of the shifter. I cut off
about 2 inches of the shifter neck and added a leather wrapped (aftermarket)
knob. This made a big difference in throws and made the shifter tighter
feeling.

 --Are there any known problems with the 5spd
 transmission for the 4.7 or the autos for the 4.7 and
 5.9?

That I cannot answer...

James
'99 Flame Red RC Dakota R/T (ATI Procharged)
'01 Black 4.7L RC Dakota Sport (5-speed & 3.92 gear)