RE: @home users and parts book

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Thu Jan 04 2001 - 21:13:43 EST

> That's "hard core"? <geezer> In my day that's all we had, and we were
> thankful! </geezer>

I used to use punched paper tape to bootstrap the mainframe...and used a TTY
as the console..and CP/M was the new kid on the block.. ;-)

Hey I still have my Capt. Crunch whistle, and my Osborne "Portable"(portable
my ass!!! nearly got a hernia lugging that bad-boy around)..

> I'm not sure how you'd do a hard core ftp. I have read news before by
> telnetting to the appropriate port and manually issuing commands to
> the news server. Fun fun.

Jason some people(or should I say most) have no clue what a DOS prompt
is(better yet just DOS). Go to a DOS prompt and most people think you're a
hacker.. ;-)

Greg
NE# 3779
2K1 Neon ES