RE: 5 Speed Questions

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 07:52:47 EST

Good Morning Bob!

I hope you are able to find one! The problem from the dealer's standpoint is
simply nobody wants one. I know many on this mailing list who are against
that statement, but the dealers are of the opinion that "people are too busy
talking on the phone and eating McD's and pulling their toys so we are going
to give them automatics to buy." It's too bad.

There is a big difference in how the clutch feels between my '92 and '01. I
don't know if there has been a clutch redesign over that time frame (anyone
know for sure?) I might just be the difference in engines. I know that
sounds weird, but the 3.9L is not as smooth to operate as the 4.7L. That's
all I mean with that statement. I love driving both my 3.9L and 4.7L! With
all of the snow we have had here in SE Michigan, I have yet to have any
traction issues. I ordered the limited slip differential (LSD) on my '01 and
it is very noticeable with the snow. I can take off a lot easier in the '01
versus the '92.

I like controlling the power in both direction with the engine. You simply
can not do that with an automatic (at least not totally).

Best of luck!!
Sean