East cost convoy to Oregon Discovery Trail (was: Tire selection for off road use.)

From: Jason Bleazard (drazaelb@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 13:10:42 EST

This is getting VEEEEERY tempting. I could even stop and see my
family for a bit.

Where is the start of the trail? Anyone used Mapquest to figure out
the distance? It took Norah and I almost 5 days to cover Salt Lake
City to Toronto, but we were traveling in the dead of summer without
A/C, pulling a UHaul trailer, and trying to keep track of a cat who
was lose in the cab (no place for the cage in the regular cab, and I
wasn't about to just stick him in the greenhouse effect under the
tonneau cover).

(So much for my decision not to do any more big road trips. :-)

On Fri, 5 Jan 2001 08:09:52 -0500, jstolarz@loa.com ("Josh Stolarz")
wrote:

>Wow, getting risky.. It is a highway, all she has to do is keep it straight,
>and out of the rear ends of others... I'll have to try to remember to bring
>this 4x4 trip up a little closer to July...
>
>Josh
>
>"Andy Levy" <andylevy@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
>> Yeah, but I think everyone would want to drive their own just to say
>> they did it.
>>
>> Who knows, maybe by then I'll trust my girlfriend enough to drive my
>> truck (*snicker*).
>>
>> Josh Stolarz wrote:
>> >
>> > We could always DakPool... Kind of hard for me to figure out time off
>that
>> > far ahead. I am planning on finding a new job soon, so my future time
>off is
>> > unknown.. But for a trip like that, I guess quitting work would be
>> > acceptable...
>> >
>> > Josh
>> >
>> > "Andy Levy" <andylevy@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

>me
>16-17
>get to
>> > the

>for
>> > it?

>and
>> > Looks

>of a
>that
>> > we
>it
>> > will
>you
>as
>> > much
>pics
>> > too!
>lucky

>> > Maybe

Linux: Because a 486 is a terrible thing to waste.
Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 239 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white
hers: '98 Dakota Sport 4x4, 318 V8, Auto, Club Cab, black