Re: 5.9 MPG? 4.7 MPG?

From: WMBARRET@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 15:20:42 EST

Just to clarify, I have the Mike Leach PCM W/ 5 degrees advance timing, and
5% fuel curve increase, (No Jet chip) also have air intake, Hughes TB, Mobil
1 lubricants, Flowmaster muffler/tailpipe and Bosch +4 plugs. Worst mileage
I have ever seen, ever, with two days of drag strip passes, and alot of hard
street driving was 14 mpg. Normal driving, which is pretty hard, hee hee:) i
get 15-16 all the time, every week, mixed driving. On the highway, 75 mph,
I'll get 18-20 mpg easy, I check my mileage every fill up! Best I've ever
seen was 21.XX mpg.
IMHO, I did'nt buy a truck for gas mileage, lets face it, this thing has the
areodynamics of a brick,weighs 3900 lbs w/me, a V-8, does the 1/4 in 14 sec,
0-60 in the 6's, If it only got 10 mpg, i'd still be happy, the Fun Factor is
way high!!

Oh, BTW, I heard Intense Blue trucks got better gas mileage, I think the
paint is lighter weight??

;) Matt Y2K-HEMI ;)
'00 RC IB 4.7L 5 spd 3.92

In a message dated Fri, 5 Jan 2001 1:38:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,