Re: Nissan S/C V6

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 19:11:06 EST

> In the latest Petersons 4x4 magazine, they compare several trucks on
> performance for the 4X4 of the year (Jeep won as usual). Here's the funny
> part...they ran the new Nissan S/C 4x4 (V6) and said that it still lacked
> little bit in power but they were still impressed by the on and offroad
> performance.

How funny this comes up. On my way to work, and on my way home from work, I
pass a Nissan dealership. Just happens that one pulled out infront of me
tonight on my way home, and I had to really look at it good. This was the
Nissan Frontier 'Crew Cab' pickup. While it does look nice, and may turn
heads, it is not all that fast. I pulled up next to it at the light, and
noticed it did have the Supercharged V6 emblem on the body. The truck didnt
have a plate on it, just a temp sticker in the window. There were two guys
in it, both dressed up, as if they were salesman perhaps or a salesman with
a potential customer. The passenger had the window down, and actually all 4
windows were going up and down, like they were seeing if they actually
worked??? Who knows. Anyways, I caught their attention when
they were 'playing' with the windowns with a little Flowmaster rev of the
engine. I know my 134,000 mile old Dakota is rather heavy and not all that
fast, but come on this is a frigin supercharged brand new V6. Needless to
say they put the pedal down and I kept up with them and my truck seemed to
start pulling harder, as if likes the RPMs past 2nd or 3rd gear. Too bad we
did this for 3 lights, and the driver couldnt outrun my truck, but then
again I couldnt outrun him. I thought that truck would have walked all over
me. Oh well, I wont buy one now, haha.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6