Thanx, DML! (was) Re: Computer question, non dak related. HARD DRIVES

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 22:46:52 EST

Hey guys, thanks. You help me make my truck go faster and help me select
better computer parts. with the DML's advice I am going to add in the extra
39 bucks and get that 7200 RPM hard drive. I'll guess it's better to have
now, then to have to upgrade later. I want the latest technology anyways.

I added to the package:
16 mb => 32mb video card +19 bucks extra
the "600 watt 5 piece speaker" system for another +29 bucks
and the hard drive will be another +39.00
shipping +39.00
As for the mother board and the exact thing of the computer I'm getting,
it's listed on ebay at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=1204628816

I was looking all around ebay, and I found this to be the cheapest. I was
about to buy an HP at best buy for 1,500, but the sales man told me their
mother boards and "Bus?" only run at 100mhz, while this one runs at 200. He
also told me the HP has an integrated video card and it can't be upgraded,
and 8 MB of video didn't seem like enough for me, so I decided to just order
one, and I then thought of ebay.... what a great place to buy stuff!!!

Anyone know where I can find a sweet deal on a 17 or 19" monitor now? I
want to watch DVDs on my computer then go to sleep. That'd be bad, and I
would have better resolution than a regular TV! and... I wouldn't have to
buy a seperate 19" tv for my room.
-Dester