Re: Truck's Trade In Value

From: Mike's Dakota (mikesdakota@home.com)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 06:11:09 EST

On trade in to a dealer added accessories and maintenance records mean
nothing. Unless you have a topper or something like that. I have found
they go by book value only. Even if you had the engine and transmission
replaced they really don't care. Most cars over 5 years old will go to a
wholesaler anyway. This is what I have been told and have experienced, I
was going to trade in a S-10 Blazer that I had put a fresh 3.4l Camaro
engine, new tranny, new radiator, new ignition, new carpet, new stereo, PS
pump, new brakes, new exhaust and cat, new glass, new tires, and performance
chip. All they would do is book value!!!! End of discussion.........I
ended up listing it in the paper and getting well over KBB value for it!