Re: 4wheel parts+ProComp ES9000

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 11:13:59 EST

> Hey guys, already decided these are the shocks I want. They only want 28
> bucks a piece for the ES9000's. I am just a little curious at what is
> involved in changing the shocks. 4wheel parts wants 18 bucks a pop for
> installation.
>
> I don't want to seem like a cheap bastard, (except for the fact that I AM
> cheap bastard), and I thought I'd ask the GenII guys if it's a pain in the
> ass install. Seems like a jack it up and remove/replace kind of deal...
Any
> tips/bad experiences on this, guys? Do you have to get an alignment done?
>
> I'm tired of floating down the highway like I'm in a big old boat
> Oldsmobile. (Just kidding, Ed!)

Brett,
Shock changes are a piece of cake. Just be sure to hose down the bolts and
nuts with some penetrant spray once or twice. The rear shocks dont even
require the truck to be jacked up off of the ground, just unbolt the old
ones and bolt the new ones on, it is that easy. The fronts, of course,
require the front tires to be removed, but like the rear shocks, the fronts
are just bolted onto the lower control arm and 'shock tower' for the upper
mounting location. I typically have my truck's alignment checked every 2-3
months anyways, since I have a 2 year warranty with the current alignment.
Good Luck. Save the cash and do it yourself.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6