Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Oregon Backcountry Discovery Route

From: Jon Steiger (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 23:29:10 EST

nbleazard@home.com ("Norah Bleazard") wrote in
<NDBBLJLKEKFNFKGHMANDMECCFJAA.nbleazard@home.com>:

>Hey Patrick,
>
>This sounds very good. We are very, very seriously talking about doing
>this as well. I'm trying to figure out the time frame we need for Jason
>to book vacation time. How much time are you allocating to the actual
>trail run. One week? Our plan would be to end up in Salt Lake City to
>visit the "out-laws" before he head back to Toronto.
>
>So... I'm trying to calculate how much time will be needed to get to the
>California startup, how much time we spend in Utah, and how much time
>we'll need to get back. As Jason said earlier, we used 5 days last time
>to get from Salt Lake to Toronto, but our first day had a late start,
>and the heat with no A/C was just too unbearable to drive for long
>periods of time. I think with no pets and A/C we can safely estimate 4
>days traveling from Salt Lake to Toronto.
>
>Anyone have an idea of how long it would take from Toronto to the
>beginning of this trail? I figure if anyone else is interested in a
>convoy to the trail start, we can arrange meet stops to pick up fellow
>interested DMLer's.
>
>I'm so glad that you mentioned this to the DML as early as you did.
>This kind've trip takes a lot of preparation and planning.
>
>Come on everyone... LET'S ALL TRY TO GET ON THIS BANDWAGON and have yet
>another great DML meet and trail ride.
>
>OH JON STEIGER!!!!!! Do you think your Ram would be up for this? :-)
>Sure would be nice.

   That'd be pretty darn cool. :-) But, I couldn't even drive out to the
left coast and back in a week, much less participate in a trail ride too. No
way can I be away for that long. :-( Plus, the first week in July I'll be
busy with the 3rd annual BBQ and the next week is Carlisle...

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ----- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@twistedbits.net ------. | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 | `------------------------------ http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ----'