Re: Hotchkis kit installed on 4.7L....(suggestions)

From: Viper450hpGTS@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 01:52:55 EST

Hmmmmn.... well, I can't believe there would be any weight difference between
the 5.2L and the 5.9L. They use the same block as well as head material. The
4.7L is an all aluminum engine. I find it hard to believe that there would
only be 50 pounds difference (cast iron is HEAVY). All I know is, I bought
the R/T (V-8) Hotchkis kit and MY 4.7L Regular cab did not like it at all.
Both the front and rears had problems....

As for overall weight, I can assure you the 4.7L Reg Cab Sport with manual
transmission is quite a bit lighter than my Reg Cab R/T.

James
'99 Flame Red RC Dakota R/T (ATI Procharged)
'01 Black 4.7L RC Dakota Sport (5-speed & 3.92 gear)