Re: Re: V-6 Towing??

From: Cal Hyer (clhyer@hom.net)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 23:07:20 EST

Mike, you did not say what kind of transmission you have.
It will be interesting to see what the DML says. I have a '99 V-6 auto. I
am real disappointed whenever I tow my neighbors small trailer. I used to
tow it with an '87 Dak 5 spd w/no problems. With my '99 it feels like I'm
dragging an anchor behind me, even when the trailer is empty. With O/D off,
mileage drops from 18+ to about 13 - thats at 60 mph or less.
Cal