Re: Loose Window

From: Mike Styer (dakotamike@netzero.net)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 00:15:07 EST

If you're system is as strong as you make it out to be, could it be air
pressure that has loosen the window from it's rubber seal? I've blown the
windows out on a Beetle, and had the exact same problems on a Chevy Silverado.
The bug was more fun though. I had remote for that system and got to watch as
the windsheild popped off and fell to the ground :)

Where you at? I wanted to do a FG box for my CC and I'll bum any help I can
for that project :)

Mike S.
93 Dak

Chris Lambert wrote:

> OK guys, I need some help as it is friggin cold here, the truck is outside,
> and i have a rear window that vibrates, but not the whole window just the
> passenger side of the sliding window. I think this could very well be my
> fault also, my stereo shakes the back wall of the cab horrendously, I get
> about a 3/4" amplitude when i crank it. this is right at the base of the
> window in the center, under the slider. Do you think the dealer will fix
> this under warranty, the truck is 10 mo old with 21k miles. But the
> problem is that not only do i have a good size stereo, but the dealer is
> going to have to find this out to do the work as the stereo is near
> permanent, i fiberglassed the boxes into the truck. Also the dealer will
> know i have a vibration problem as i have just dynamatted most of the rear
> half of the cab to try and kill vibrations. It only does it when the truck
> is driving and the stereo need not be on. OK enough ranting. If anyone
> has any suggestions please send them over as this is very anoying.
>
> Chris

Shop Safely Online Without a Credit Card
http://www.rocketcash.com