RE: blue smoke from a 4.7L?

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 03:17:31 EST

Called carbon cleaning.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD

From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of Will Coughlin
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 12:06 AM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: blue smoke from a 4.7L?

Ok,this is the deal-you all know how I used to drive my truck.Well, as you
can see by my previous post,I am beggining to play with it a little bit.It
started on a saturday when I was just generally accelerating hard and
spanked the 2 trucks in my last post.It was all in fun until I cranked my
truck up on sunday morning only to see a big cloud of blue smoke behind my
truck.AHHH-I thought "Oh boy, I've really done it now!" But all my buddies
said-you were getting all over it last night and it's never had that,it's
probably just some of the soot getting blown out of the exhaust.Well, I
continued to drive it hard figuring whatever damage had been done was
done.But, to my surprise, I got the truck out on friday and drove it pretty
hard again.I went to get the truck out on saturday expecting to see the
cloud of smoke that I had been getting on cold startup,but was jumping with
joy when the exhaust was clear as new! And this has been over a week ago and
still not another sign of smoke! I think it must have been just what
everybody thought-just a lot of soot in my motor and exhaust getting blown
out.I will keep everybody updated on this little experience.Thanks,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html