Re: PT Cruiser-Car of the Year? and Related Story

From: dakotaviper (dakotaviper@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 18:29:53 EST

A used car dealer in my area went to Canada and got a
Black PT Cruiser and brought it down here and set up
an auction type bidding price for the car/truck. They
started at $27K and ended up selling it for $48K. Can
you believe this stupidity. And it was the automatic.
 I've driven both the auto and the 5-speed. The auto
is very sluggish and the 5-speed is like a pocket
rocket. I'll wait for the vehicle to become another
fad like the new beetle was when it came out. Then
the price will return to a more sane level. Then I
might be inclined to buy one.

auto