Faulty "primary #1 coil" code on dak. MSD related?

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 21:46:13 EST

Okay, I think you guys (bernd?) can remember my mods to my 97.
msd digi 6, blaster 2 coil, underdrive crank pully, TB, intake, headers, cat
  back, 1.6 rollers, 19# FMS injectors.

Anyways. about a month ago, I suddenly saw gasmileage take a HUGE dip. I
was averaging about 16.5 with highway/and lots of city driving. But it
dropped down to the 14s. about mid 14s. I was wondering what gives, so I
do the engine odometer code pull. I get a code 43 (misfires in 5 & 6)
can't figure out why, and I know the firing order is correct, but I did
double check that.

Today, I took it to school and hooked it up to the sweet snap on scanner
there. It gets a code P-0351 or something. which says "primary #1 coil"
possible causes under the trouble shooter was a shorted wire, and that was
about it, but I couldn't find a short along the coil wires along with all
the MSD wires...

My question is, did I hook up the MSD wrong? can someone confirm the
correct way of hooking it up?

1) cut that darn green wire loop.
2) power, ground, that's easy
3) the orange and white wires attach to the blaster 2 coil
4) then 2 other wires attach to the old wires that go into the coil. I
don't see where it's connected wrong. Maybe i have a faulty MSD unit? any
input is nice about now. I lost to my buddy's 4.3L 4x4 blazer!!! I'm very
mad... come on guys, you can't see another DMLer lose to a chevy SUV, can
you? Thanks in advance
-Dester