Re: RE: DuraMax GM Desiel... BAD ASS!

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 23:00:58 EST

  One thing though, is that the Duramax is a Isuzu design, and one of
the car mags (can't remember whch one) put all 3 on the dyno and the
DODGE was the torque champ with 605lb-ft to the wheels!!! GM came up
with 505 and I really didn't care about the Ford :) GM got the hp award
though, with like 260 to the wheels I think.

  The Cummins B series is designed for up to 50000lb gvw trucks, and
yes, it's SEVERELY detuned in the Ram due to the tranny if I remember
correctly. Our FL-60 Freightliner at work has the old B series (12
valve) in it, a gvw of 26500lbs, and cruises at 75 mph. You can't get an
auto with the Ram H-O Cummins, for the tranny reason. I think they share
the same 6spd tranny as our FL-60. It also gets like 15mpg. Went to San
Diego and back (loaded coming back) on only 1/2 of it's 45 gallon tank.

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'01 Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 SLT+ 4.7L V-8, Auto, Bright Silver LOADED!!!!
'66 Olds F-85, 5.4L V-8, will have 350hp Soon to be Intense Blue!!

http://community.webtv.net/OLZNUT/WelcometoOlznuts