Re: Blackstone says 1% Gas

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Tue Jan 09 2001 - 00:26:56 EST

Don't worry about the gas in your oil. It's caused by short trips. When I
worked 3 miles from my house, I had a sample that was 3% gas and the flash
point was < 345. This is caused by the fact that the engine never warms up
completely and you end up not burning off the fuel that gets in the oil due
to normal blow by. It can also be caused by a heavy foot on the accelerator
and short trips. The next time you are going to send in a sample, take your
truck out for a nice long drive on the highway. Make sure you drive for at
least an hour to give the engine enough time to get nice and hot, then
change the oil. I'm sure you will find 0% with a normal flash point.

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar headers and computer, F&B TB, Gibson
cat back, MSD 6A and Blaster SS coil