FW: RE: V10 Dakota

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Tue Jan 09 2001 - 10:50:53 EST

Anymore questions I need to ask?

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD, MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, USMC
760-725-2506 (DSN 365-2506)
Work:mailto:stlaurents@mctssa.usmc.mil
Home:mailto:saint1958@home.com

-----Original Message-----
From: csnodgra@micron.net [mailto:csnodgra@micron.net]
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2001 7:37 PM
To: Stlaurent Mr Steven
Subject: Re: RE: V10 Dakota

Steven,

Answers to your questions:

(1) I live here in California (San Diego), and wanted to know if
    it passed smog certification? Will it pass here in Cali?
    California is hard on smog regulations.

Answer: My truck will pass Idaho smog testing. It will not pass
         California testing because my truck is not OBD-II
         complient. You could get a truck to pass smog
         certification if you used a Viper PCM which is
         fully OBD-II complient.

(2) List of components changed? Change the braking system?

Answer: Engine, PCM, Transmission, Driveline, Rear end yoke,
         Clutch Master Cylinder, Fule Pump, Airbox,
         tons of little things like power stearing lines and wiring.

(3) Is this the stock 450hp/490tq stock Viper V-10 crate motor
    or the detuned Ram motor?

Answer: It is the 2001 Viper ACR crate motor rated at 460hp/500tq.

(4) Who did your contracted work?

Answer: Q-Kiss Motorsports

(5) Did you have to modify the firewall, engine mounts,
    and the tranny tunnel?

Answer: Only the engine mounts and front crossmember.

(6) What is your consensus on the DC warranty after the engine
    swap? Is the warranty now voided completely on the rest of
    the vehicle?

Answer: I don't know and really am not to worried about the
         warranty. DC could answer this a lot better than I could.

(7) Do you have a dyno of the HP/TQ rear wheel output?
    Any ET time slips?

Answer: None, however there is not much reason for it to be
         far off from what a Viper would dyno at.

(8) With that much power, will the stock rear end support that
    much power?

Answer: It has so far, but if it doesn't I'll find one that will.

(9) I know you have been asked this one many times...ever consider
    a business opportunity to sell these trucks to local dealerships?

Answer: No I don't get asked that a lot, it would all depend.

(10) With the swap out, what is the total weight of the vehicle?

Answer: Mine was right around 3700lbs total.

I will stop here and not over excite myself with drool. But this
was something I was looking last year to accomplish and now there
is someone who finally manage to do it. I even talked to John
Hennessey about a Dakota conversion but the pricing was in the
upper stratosphere.

Sorry, Chuck, any pictures of the interior of the stick area?

Answer: I will be taking more pictures and will post them
         to the DakotaRT list.

Later,
Chuck Snodgrass