Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: Slipping Transmission?

From: Cal Hyer (clhyer@hom.net)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 00:26:22 EST

Y'all might remember that my transmission was slipping in the 2-3 shift, '99
V-6 auto.
I dropped it off yesterday for the second time. When I picked it up they
gave me the repair invoice, identical to last weeks! When I mentioned this
the service writer stated that the part replaced last week was faulty, and
that they had also adjusted the throttle pressure cable. It now has a hard
1-2 shift, but no more slipping. The parts replaced:
transmission governor pressure solenoid
transmission pressure sensor
adjusted throttle pressure cable
In addition to the 2-3 slipping, I did notice that it did not stay in 2nd at
all unless I was getting on the gas. If I was driving easy it shifted into
3rd almost as quickly as it went into 2nd, with a quick 4-500 rpm surge.
They attributed this to the cable needing adjustment.
FWIW
Cal Hyer