RE: Faulty "primary #1 coil" code on dak. MSD related?

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 09 2001 - 23:10:33 EST

Sorry. Okay, don't worry about me hooknig it up wrong. the whole setup was
downstairs, and the orange and white wire (i believe, goes to the coil) and
the other two wires attached to the old wires that went into the coil. I
had the setup working for a long time now, I'd say 1/2 a year. It was just
until recently that the mileage dropped and performance went out the
tailpipe. I took it back out to KCIR with the MSD initially setup and of my
best of 17.221, I had a best of 17.8? that night with 18" rims on 35 series
tires, a bigg(er) stereo system, and I didn't cut hte weight in the dakota,
so I'm pretty sure it worked fine in the beginning.

I am sorry I didn't specify which wires are attached where, but I did call
up the MSD tech that day and we went thru the install together and I know
it's all correct.

As for this adaptive tach thing. What red/white wires are you talking about
and wehre does it go exactly? I have these two wires that have a male
connector on the end (blue) then it has 2 wires coming out of it that goes
into (2) female connectors and one SET is red and the other set is white.
I'm going off to find my MSD install book now.

-Dester

PS. tonight, I went out and picked up a new MSD blaster 2 coil, and it seems
to be running better. the 2 year old coil could have been bad. I'll hook
it up on the scanner at school again tomorrow! :)