Re: Car & Driver Mag's top 10 cars

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 14:22:00 EST

We're allowing the "cheaper labor" to build them for us...which just happens to
be from another country. We also seem to leave the technology rather stale on
the automotive side and tend to use it too much on the electronics side.

(Sure computer controls are wonderful, but don't put them on an outdated
pushrod engine!) Just think...all Aluminum, 340 CID, 4V/DOHC,
Supercharged/Intercooled, small block Mopar...with EFI! Would they built
it...NO. Hell, GM had an all aluminum engine back in the late 60's and 4V
heads were available for the BB Chevy's in the mid-late 80's (aftermarket
heads).

'Nuff Said...$0.02

- Bernd