re: 3923 vs. 5923

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 15:28:26 EST

The 5xxx series has an extended electrode. Technically, the extended "tip"
has a similar effect of advancing timing (albeit slightly), so by decudtion
one would want to use 3923's in order to help subdue the pinging man.

This enlightenment came from the my mind, so take it for what it's worth :)
I have a reference to the extended 'tip' timing advancement phenomenon
somewhere, I'll dig around for it per request this afternoon... (puttin a
clutch in a jeep right now...)

Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
   www.fast4x4.net
   jon@fast4x4.net