V6 Badge Screw Up

From: Daniel D (barracuda19@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 13 2001 - 06:01:07 EST

Like anyone wanting to smooth out their truck, removing decals is a
neccasary part. So armed with a screwdriver and what i thought was paitence
i went outside. The V6 Magnum was the only thing left on my truck as far as
decals go. The driver side was already coming off a little so i pryed it
slowly off. most of the black stuff remained. i also scratched the paint
slightly. I scraped some of the black stuff off but got bored and went to
the other side. This one was still stuck on VERY good. so good that the
sticky was bonded stronger to the paint than the paint was to the metal. So
after i removed the emblem, half the paint was gone as well. All paitence
went out the window and i became what one would refer to as PISSED OFF.
Touch up paint won't blend and it's too big of a spot. My solution? Reattach
the V6 badge and live with it. The Gen 2 badges are held on only by adhesive
by the way. if anyone has any suggestions of how to make this work (no
badges) let me know. i could get the area filled, primed and painted, but
then that cost money that i don't have. So i'll just live with it and kick
myself everytime i see it.

Daniel